- Polio is a devastating disease, which paralyses children for life.
- There is no cure for polio - but a simple and effective vaccine protects a child for life.
- In 1985, Rotary started a worldwide movement to ensure that every child is vaccinated against polio.
- At that time, every year more than 350,000 children were paralysed by the disease, in more than 125 countries.
- In 2016, only 37 cases were reported, from just 3 countries: Pakistan, Nigeria and Afghanistan.
- The world has never been closer to being polio-free. But if we do not succeed, polio will come roaring back. Within 10 years, 200,000 children will again be paralysed all over the world - every single year!
- Please help us eradicate polio once and for all. For just US$0.60, you can protect a child for life against this terrible disease.
Together, let's achieve something historic!
Let's make sure that no child will ever again be paralysed by polio.